If I hack my diet will olive oil long time?
Protein is an essential nutrient for aging gracefully as it prevents muscle degeneration as we age (sarcopenia). Muscle mass is KEY in maintaining metabolic flexibility, insulin resistance and mitochondrial health.
Also, what most people don’t realise is that protein is essential in helping to lose fat. Protein uses more energy during digestion than carbs or fat, which makes it easier to stick to a calorie deficit. Protein keeps you fuller longer too, which will make overeating less likely over time.
Eating a high protein diet makes losing fat and building muscle easier.
Doing so has helped me keep my body fat to under 15% and maintain it consistently. It does take some planning, but some simple hacks help me hit my daily target — and sustain it long-term.
1. Plan your food in advance for the next day
2. Plan meals around protein — ensure a protein source in every meal
3. Eat more wholefoods and less processed ones
4. Limit sugary drinks and juices
5. Incorporate beans, lentils, pulses to your dishes
Trust the process. Eat clean. Work out consistently. Make healthy choices. Believe in yourself. Be patient.